The Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) department was established in 2007, offers Undergraduate
program (B. Tech.) in EEE,Post-graduate program (M. Tech) in EEE and Diploma program in EEE. The B.Tech
(Electrical and Electronics Engineering) program was started in the year 2007. The M.Tech (EEE-Power
Electronics) was started in the year 2011 and Diploma program in EEE was started in the year 2013.
The department is having well qualified and experienced faculty members. The faculty is a perfect blend
of different specializations in Electrical and Electronics Engineering to impart their expertise in
handling diversified courses of the UG and PG programs. The teaching methodology in the department
goes beyond fulfilling the syllabus requirements of the University, to meet the today's industry needs.
Faculty motivates and guides the students to do mini projects in core subjects. Special focus will be
given to develop Communication and Soft Skills. The department is having strong association with
industries to uplift the student's practical knowledge.
A good number of faculties are attending the
conferences/workshops to enhance their quality in academics. To get themselves acquaint with latest
technological trends, the faculty also will be deputed to Industrial training during slack period of the
academic year. Faculties are being invited to deliver extension lectures by the industries as per their
The student's success rate is above 75% during the previous 6 years. All the laboratory of
the department is established spaciously with additional equipment. The equipment student ratio is maintained
as 1:1. Additional experiments are being conducted in each lab to facilitate the students towards more
Students are actively participating in the Co curricular and extracurricular activities
organized on a regular basis by the departmental students association. They are encouraged to deliver seminar in
regular classes and also to present papers. They involve in the National level students paper contest being
conducted by the department every year. During last few academic years good placement was achieved for the
students. Students are being trained by conducting extra classes to refresh their knowledge and also required
computer software as per the requirements of the company visiting the campus for selections. Developmental Plans
are set to accomplish defined long range and short range goals of the department, to develop the laboratories by
adding latest servers and client equipment and further to develop center of excellence in the focus areas.
Department has experienced and highly qualified faculty with strong research and professional expertise. Apart from
teaching the undergraduate,post-graduate course and diploma courses , the faculty members are active in research and
development. They are engaged in a broad range of research and development works with renowned overseas universities,
research institutes and multinational companies.
The vision of the Electrical and Electronics Engineering department is to build a research identity
in all related areas of Electrical Engineering uniquely, through core research and education. The students will
be prepared as the best professional engineers in the field of Electrical Engineering well capable of facing the
challenges in all sub - disciplines.
- The Electrical and Electronics Engineering department supports the mission of the college through high quality teaching,
research and services that provide the students a supportive environment.
- The department will make the best effort to impart intellectual, ethical and technological thinking in to the mind of the students.
- The department invokes the desire and ability of life-long learning in the students for pursuing a successful career in engineering.
||Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex Engineering problems.
||Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze Complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
||Design/Development of Solutions
||Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety , and the cultural, societal , and environmental considerations.
||Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems
||Ability to review research literature, use research methods to execute project and synthesize the problem to provide valid conclusions.
||Modern Tool Usage
||Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
||The Engineer and Society
||Apply reasoning informed by the contextual Knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
||Environment and Sustainability
||Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and Demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
||Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
||Individual and team work
||Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
||Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
||Project Management and Finance
||Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
||Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs):
Program Specific Outcomes(PSOs):
PROGRAM: B.Tech (EEE)
Intake : 60 seats
ACADEMIC REGULATIONS FOR UG (B.Tech):
- Regulation scheme R19 click here
- Regulation scheme R15 click here
PROGRAM: M.Tech (POWER ELECTRONICS)
Intake : 18 seats
ACADEMIC REGULATIONS FOR PG (B.Tech):
- Regulation scheme R19 click here
- Regulation scheme R15 click here
PROGRAM: Diploma (EEE)
Intake : 60 seats
||FACULTY UNIQUE ID
||NAME OF THE FACULTY
||Dr P SANKAR BABU
||Mr S MADDILETY
||Mr K.ANIL KUMAR
||Mr G.BALA SUBBARAYUDU
||Ms B.SNEHA REDDY
||Mr K.SAI NIRANJAN
||Ms S.SOWDAGAR ZABEEN
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS - AY (2019-2020)
- Mr.G.Bala Subbarayudu published a paper “CASCADED H-BRIDGE MULTI LEVEL INVERTER BASED IMPROVED PHASE SHIFTED CARRIER BASED SYNCHRONIZED SINUSOIDAL PWM TECHNIQUES” in Vol 10, Issue 12, DEC/ 2019: March/April 2020 of Test Engineering and Management journal.
- Dr. P.Sankar Babu, professor published in the international journal engineering sciences research on “A NEW CONTROL FOR TWO PV ARRAYS IN MISMATECHED ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS IN GRIDCONNECTED PV INVERTER TO MAXIMIZINGPOWER.” on Vol-10, Issue-11 NOV. 2019.
- Dr. P.Sankar Babu, professor published in the international journal engineering sciences research on “A NEW CONTROL PV PEM FUEL CELL BASED STANDALONE AC/DC MICROGRID USING HYBRID ENERGY STORAGE.” on Vol-10, Issue-12 DEC. 2019.
- Dr. P.Sankar Babu & Mrs. K. Rajitha published in the international journal engineering sciences research on “DESIGN OF MULTIFUNCTIONAL INTEGRATED CONVERTER TO SIGNAL-STATE ZETA-SEPIC FOR PLUG IN ELECTRICAL VEHICLES.” on Vol-10, Issue-12 DEC. 2019.
- Mr. S.Maddilety, Assistant professor published in the international journal engineering sciences research on “A NEW SWITCHED CAPACITOR MULTILEVEL INVERTER FOR HIGH FREQUENCY AC POWER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS” on Vol-10, Issue-12 DEC-2019.
- Mr. S.Maddilety, Assistant professor published in the international journal engineering sciences research on “A NEW CONTROL SYSTEM FOR 3-PHASE SOLAR PV INTEGERATED UPQC” on Vol-10, Issue-11 NOV-2019.
- Mr. G BALA SUBBARAYUDU Assistant professor published in the journal of engineering sciences research on “CASCADED H- BRIDGE MULTI LEVEL INVERTER BASED IMPROVED PHASE SHIFTED CARRIER BASED SYNCHRONISED SINUSOIDAL PWMTECHNIQUES” on volume-10, Issue-12 Dec-2019.
- Mr. G.Balasubbarayudu Assistant professor Published in the Advances in engineering management and sciences on ”NOVEL SCALAR PWM TECHNIQUES FOR VECTOR CONTROL BASED INDUCTION MOTOR DRIVES TO REDUCE COMMON MODE VOLTAGE” On special Issue,No-3,sept-2019.
- Dr. P.Sankar Babu, professor published in the international journal of research on “MODES OF OPERATION AND SYSTEM-LEVEL CONTROL OF SINGLE PHASE BIDIRECTIONAL PWM CONVETER FOR MICROGRID SYSTEM.” on Vol-19, Issue-24 JAN. 2019.
- Mr. G. Chandra Sekhar published a paper” PLL TECHNIQUES FOR DISTRIBUTED GENERATION SYSTEMS UNDER GRID ABNORMAL CONDITIONS” in Volume 5, Issue 07, July-2019 of International Journal of Technical Innovation in Modern Engineering & Science (IJTIMES).
- Mrs. K.Rajitha published in the international journal engineering sciences research on “DESIGN OF MULTIFUNCTIONAL INTEGRATED CONVERTER TO SIGNAL-STATE ZETA-SEPIC FOR PLUG IN ELECTRICAL VEHICLES.” on Vol-10, Issue-12 DEC. 2019.
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS - AY (2018-19)
- Mr.G.Bala Subbarayudu published a paper “Novel Scalar PWM Techniques for Vector Control based Induction
Motor Drives to Reduce Common Mode Voltage “ in Advances in Engineering, Management and Sciences J. Mech.
Cont.& Math. Sci., Special Issue, No.-3 : September (2019) pp 52-67
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS - AY (2017-18)
- Mr.G.Bala Subbarayudu published a paper “SENSOR LESS SPEED CONTROL OF THREE PHASE INDUCTION MOTOR BY USING
MRAC” in International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology ,ISSN: 2278-0181,Vol. 4 Issue 09 :
The following are the laboratories which were established.
- Basic Electric Circuits Laboratory
- Electrical Circuit Analysis Laboratory
- Electrical Machines Laboratory – I
- Electrical Machines Laboratory – II
- Electrical Measurements Laboratory
- Power Electronics & Simulation Laboratory
- Power Systems & Simulation Laboratory
- Control Systems Lab
- Electrical drives & Simulation Laboratory
Lab Equipment Details
Technical laboratories Equipment Details